St Austell Business Improvement District (BID) is a not-for-profit company passionate about improving the town centre and its future.
Led by business people from across the town, their aim is to improve the trading environment in St Austell for the benefit of the businesses it serves. Funded by a levy charged to business rate payers in their area, the team work to develop projects that help boost the town centre.
As well as being on hand to provide business support and promoting the town through their PR campaigns, the BID’s work is centred on two key themes: making the town attractive, accessible and safe and to promote and assist with events, marketing and cost savings.
The BID team have been working hard over the past four years to ensure they achieve their goals and ambitions. Just some of their successes include:
· Achieving ‘Gold’ for St Austell in the South West in Bloom Awards.
· Re-establishing coach parking in Priory Car Park which will help drive extra footfall into the town centre.
· Creating a St Austell loyalty card, which now has over 2,000 users.
· The formation of StoreNet radio; a highly effective security scheme for shops in the town, which has more than 55 users.
· Creating an app for the town centre which features every business.
· Co-ordinate major events for the town, including the MAN Engine visit.
· Creating a successful Christmas programme, lights switch on and extending the lights into Trinity Street.
Their key priorities for 2017 include continuing to promote the town centre and all it offers through a 30,000 leaflet drop to local visitor attractions, promoting the revamped coach parking facilities with new signage and leaflets, continue to bring locals and visitors alike into the town with a programme of events and ensure town centre safety with security patrols, working alongside multi agency's with emphasis on anti-social behaviour.
For more information about St Austell BID, visit: www.staustellbid.co.uk